From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I (user) can write to / ... but why?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:12:56
1 On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:45:48 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:21:52 +0200, Christoph Gysin wrote:
5 >
6 > > > Have you tried adding "users" to your fstab?
7 > >
8 > > Have you read the post before answering?
9 > >
10 > > The option you mean is 'user' not 'users'. But I can't imagine how this
11 > > makes sense on /
12 >
13 > Actually, both user and users are valid mount options, with slightly
14 > different meanings. Neither is applicable here though, because / is
15 > mounted by root and both options only affect the ability to mount a
16 > device, not the permission to read/write it.
17 >
18 > What does "ls -ld /" show?
21 after that
22
23 id ralph
24 id wife
25
26 will show the differences between the accounts - perhaps ralph is in the
27 root group?
30 > --
31 > Neil Bothwick
32 >
33 > Windows Error #10: Insufficient money spent in hardware.
36 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list