From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I (user) can write to / ... but why?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:50:20
1 On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:21:52 +0200, Christoph Gysin wrote:
2
3 > > Have you tried adding "users" to your fstab?
4 >
5 > Have you read the post before answering?
6 >
7 > The option you mean is 'user' not 'users'. But I can't imagine how this
8 > makes sense on /
9
10 Actually, both user and users are valid mount options, with slightly
11 different meanings. Neither is applicable here though, because / is
12 mounted by root and both options only affect the ability to mount a
13 device, not the permission to read/write it.
14
15 What does "ls -ld /" show?
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Windows Error #10: Insufficient money spent in hardware.