From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I (user) can write to / ... but why?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:21:46
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >>The option you mean is 'user' not 'users'. But I can't imagine how this
3 >>makes sense on /
4 >
5 > Actually, both user and users are valid mount options, with slightly
6 > different meanings. Neither is applicable here though, because / is
7 > mounted by root and both options only affect the ability to mount a
8 > device, not the permission to read/write it.
9
10 Thanks, didn't knew that one. If I understand this right, then 'users' allows
11 all users to unmount the filesystem, instead of just the user who did mount it
12 in the first place?
13
14 Christoph
15 --