From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags handling
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:32:13
1 > Also, when setting up a new system, make USE flag changes gradually.
2 > Unless you are sure of what you are doing, only change a few at a time.
3
4 Haha, just got frustrated with how much junk is on my machine and
5 globally disabled perl, python, ruby, and a bunch of other stuff. Bad
6 times ensued ;).
7
8 But really, as long as you're fine with looking at failed builds to see
9 what went wrong, you should be fine. You can set PORT_LOGDIR in
10 make.conf to send all build logs into a location (mine is
11 /var/log/portage) so that all logs get saved automatically, which I
12 find helpful.
13
14 Alec