From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best way to improve interactivity with heavy disk activity?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:03:45
1 On Monday 06 December 2010 11:41:21 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Did you use ionice in your make.conf to set portage to idle priority?
4 > It can have such an effect, though I never experienced such dramatic
5 > slowdown myself.
6
7 It's hard to remember now, because I restored the system to its previous
8 config pretty fast, but I think I did. I won't be doing it again.
11 Rgds
12 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.