From: Marco Rebhan <me@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any decent alternative to Thunderbird?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 22:40:10
1 I'm a fan of KMail (it can be somewhat janky while you set it up but
2 afterwards it doesn't cause too many problems), I used Thunderbird
3 before too and prefer KMail over it.
4
5 Maybe the problem with the Thunderbird crashes on Wayland is the same as
6 for many KDE apps including KMail though: they do blocking work on the
7 main thread in some cases which freezes the UI which then causes the
8 event buffer to fill up... and as a result wayland terminates the
9 connection. To work around that I have these patches that increase the
10 event buffer size when it fills up, like X does (not written by me,
11 though I did make a similar one before I discovered these existed, these
12 are better written so I ditched mine) to dev-libs/wayland, might be
13 worth trying them first before switching to anything else: https://
14 tinyurl.com/yeozw297
15 If you do decide to try out KMail you might want them anyway though,
16 they have fixed crashes for me there.
17
18 -2xsaiko