From: "Sigfrido V. Ortiz C." <sigfridov@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext3 partition dissapeared :(
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:22:40
1 Try fsck --help
2 then select the options related to recovery and repair the system file
3 at least twice, then reboot your system with "shutdown -b now"
4
5 Based in my experience this occur after shutdown by power fault and not
6 by command.
7 The format must be fsck -p -f /dev/partition_name
8
9 the flag -p will repair automatically your system and the flag -f force
10 the revision even the file system appear like clean.
11 Good luck!!!
12 Sigfrido
13