From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can I send email under linux terminal?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:57:43
1 Lavender <lavender_matrix <at> 163.com> writes:
2
3 > So whenever I want to write a email I have to reboot
4 > my computer and boot the windows system. I'm thinking that
5 > if I can send or receive mails just under terminal, no
6 > need web pages or windows. Also at the same time could
7 > I send mails though the mail server what I use right now under
8 > terminal?
9
10 A long time ago there was command line syntax called
11 "mail". I have not used it in a long time, but I'm sure
12 the old unix sources are around, but it may require
13 sendmail to be installed. Dunno and my memory is
14 not reliable that far back (hell, last week's memories are
15 a stretch if you really want the truth)....
18 Very useful for a variety of uses....
19
20 I did find this in portage; it seems useful, but
21 i Have never used this package....
22
23 Come to think about it, the old mail command line
24 stuffage may have been BSDish, but too foggy to
25 recall the details......
26
27 http://search.cpan.org/dist/MailTools/
28