From: "Markus Döbele" <mar_doe@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost Labyrinth
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:28:42
1 Agreed C IS faster.
2 But no fun at all.
3
4 Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2005 09:13 schrieb Matan Peled:
5 > Frank Schafer wrote:
6 > > Hmmm, a game IS an application (for gaming purposes) ;-))
7 > >
8 > > Fast scrolling and all of this stuff isn't made by PB but by library
9 > > routines (SDL on Linux). So every (I mean EVERY) language should handle
10 > > this if the system does it handle.
11 > >
12 > > By the way, we definitely can change the programming language by simple
13 > > syntax conversion if the original code is proper organized (I did this
14 > > more than once). A complete rewrite isn't such a big task too.
15 > > Programming means to describe the whole logic of an application (games
16 > > too ;). Use structograms, flow charts, petri nets ... as you like.
17 > > Translating this into a programming Language (C, C++, Pascal, BASIC,
18 > > Forth, Prolog ...) is pure coding.
19 > >
20 > > I remember the time we touched the hardware itself if we did need speed
21 > > (DOS, was it GEM on the Amiga?, the legendary Spectrum, C64 ...) but I'm
22 > > skeptic if modern OS will still allow this.
23 > >
24 > > 0.02$
25 > > Frank
26 >
27 > And C is EXTREMELY fast. I mean, I'm having real trouble believing that
28 > BASIC can be faster than C...
29 >
30 > Anyway, simple syntax change is not all that needed. You also need to talk
31 > to SDL - something I think PureBasic handled previously.
32 >
33 > --
34 > [Name ] :: [Matan I. Peled ]
35 > [Location ] :: [Israel ]
36 > [Public Key] :: [0xD6F42CA5 ]
37 > [Keyserver ] :: [keyserver.kjsl.com]
38 > encrypted/signed plain text preferred
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list