From: "Friedrich Göpel" <shado23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flashing the BIOS
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:56:57
1 On 14:02 Sat 16 Sep , Mick wrote:
2 > On 13/09/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
3 > wrote:
4 > What happens with the latest BIOS updates that some idiotic
5 > manufacturers only provide as WinXP executables?
6
7 I had that problem with my burner because for some reason the dos tools
8 flat out refused to work, so I slapped the windows exe on a Windows PE
9 (=Preinstallation Enviroment) Iso burned it and booted from that.
10 That's basically a Windows LiveCD, except it takes half an hour to boot
11 and there's no applications.
12
13 It is a sucky solution, but not as much as having to actually install
14 windows/swap out the hardware.
15
16 > --
17 > Regards,