From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flashing the BIOS
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:09:43
1 On 13/09/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 13 September 2006 05:03, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
3 > > Most BIOS programs save the existing BIOS so they need somewhere to write
4 > > to.
7 > I never encountered a bios flasher that forced me to save the bios somewhere.
8 > A lot of them did not even had to save the bios, if you wanted to.
9 >
10 > But even if you have such a crazy flasher - that is, what the dos-partition is
11 > made for. Just let it save the stuff to the harddisk.
12 >
13 > No floppy, no cry ;)
14
15 What happens with the latest BIOS updates that some idiotic
16 manufacturers only provide as WinXP executables?
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick
20 --