From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flashing the BIOS
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:29:19
1 On Saturday 16 September 2006 15:02, Mick wrote:
2 > On 13/09/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Wednesday 13 September 2006 05:03, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
5 > > > Most BIOS programs save the existing BIOS so they need somewhere to
6 > > > write to.
7 > >
8 > > I never encountered a bios flasher that forced me to save the bios
9 > > somewhere. A lot of them did not even had to save the bios, if you wanted
10 > > to.
11 > >
12 > > But even if you have such a crazy flasher - that is, what the
13 > > dos-partition is made for. Just let it save the stuff to the harddisk.
14 > >
15 > > No floppy, no cry ;)
16 >
17 > What happens with the latest BIOS updates that some idiotic
18 > manufacturers only provide as WinXP executables?
19
20 good luck, boy.
21
22 At least my manufacturers provide dos flash, or dos&windows flash files.
23
24 Maybe you should ask their support. Maybe the dos files are only hidden very
25 well.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list