From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux viruses
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 20:44:38
1 On Jul 12, 2013 4:32 PM, "Volker Armin Hemmann" <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > Am 12.07.2013 18:36, schrieb Timur Aydin:
5 > > On 7/5/2013 11:12 PM, Dale wrote:
6 > >> I since did some googling and it seems I am right and he just thought I
7 > >> was some know nothing guy he could sell some service too. Anyway, has
8 > >> anything changed to make Linux more prone to viruses than it used to
9 > >> be? I read a percentage somewhere that said like 99% of viruses are
10 > >> windoze only. Is there a indisputable source of information on this?
11 > >
12 > > Linux is inherently more secure than Windows, but it isn't so much
13 > > more secure that only 1% of all viruses can attack it. Virus
14 > > developers don't have a financial incentive to develop Linux viruses
15 > > (not enough Linux users, most Linux users knowledgeable about
16 > > computers, and moral reasons).
17 > >
18 > moral reasons... you just made my day....
21 Yeah, that made me think back to a reddit AMA with a guy who ran a botnet
22 and everyone kept asking him about morals.