From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How come my 'esearch' isn't updated when I emerge something until the next 'esync'?!
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:40:05
1 On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:35:28 +0100, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > As an extra bonus eupdatedb (which does look go through the vdb too)
4 > is a *lot* slower that its eix equivalent (update-eix). ;) So can
5 > anyone mention any advantage of esearch compared to eix?
6
7 Not any more. esearch used to win on features but eix now has far more. I
8 especially like the ability to search all layman overlays.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 Snacktrek, n.:
15 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
16 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
17 materialized.