From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 20:41:47
1 On Sat, 26 May 2012 22:08:48 +0200, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > I suppose default size for tmpfs is half of physical memory,
4 > if it is not configured somewhere else.
5
6 It is, but that is the default maximum size, a tmpfs filesystem uses
7 only as much memory as its contents require.
8
9 > BTW, is there any way to turn this great feature off?
10 > What is it good for? I do not see any advantage in having
11 > /run on tmpfs...
12
13 It makes sure that /run is available and writeable early in the boot
14 process, whereas /var/run may not be and / may be mounted ro.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Of all the people I've met you're certainly one of them