From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QMAIL WERD PROBLEMS
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 19:25:07
1 On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:48 -0800, kashani wrote:
2
3 > I hate to be that guy, but why is anyone using an MTA that was last
4 > updated in May 1998? Use Postfix (or any other MTA under active
5 > development), it's simpler, easier, faster, and has more functionality
6 > without jumping through hoops.
7
8 I could name a few:
9
10 * Because I've been using for a long time and don't feel like
11 learning another MTA if i don't have to.
12 * I know it pretty well and I *trust* it.
13 * It does everything+ I need it to do.
14 * Is so secure that it hasn't needed an update since May 1998 ;).
15
16 All those points (except the last, unfortunately) can pretty much be
17 applied to any piece of software I use (bash, python, vim, Gentoo...)
20 Albert W. Hopkins
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list