From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What can I use for a compressed file system?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:22:52
1 This is what I currently use: But I dont have room for two archives, and
2 this method doesnt keep versions. Trying to keep incrementals using
3 this has proven to be a disaster.
4
5 BillK
6
7 On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 23:25 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
8 > On 5/11/06, W.Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
9 > > What can I use for a compressed file system? I am looking at setting up
10 > > a loopback mounted filesystem that I want to use to store backups into.
11 >
12 > From what I can tell, there are no really good compressing filesystems
13 > available currently.
14 >
15 > But why do you need to do this in the filesystem? Why not use a
16 > compressible format for your backups like tar, cpio, or (my favorite)
17 > dar?
18 >
19 > -Richard
22 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>