From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] warning (different signature type) when doing ssh
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:19:37
1 Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018, 03:10:57 CEST schrieb allan gottlieb:
2 > I have two laptops call them A and B both running gentoo.
3 > I recently did on each an emerge --sync after a long absence.
4 >
5 > The large emerge --update @world's finally finished on each machine. One
6 > new behavior is that
7 >
8 > If I use the console to log into A and then ssh to B, I get
9 >
10 > warning: agent returned different signature type ssh-rsa (expected
11 > rsa-sha2-512)
12 >
13 > If I use the console to log into B and then ssh to A,
14 > I get the same warning.
15 >
16 > I see no ill effects.
17 >
18 > Need I take any action?
19 >
20 > thanks in advance,
21 > allan
22
23 I saw the same, but it was temporary. I use gpg-agent instead of ssh-agent,
24 so I assumed it had to do with that, and then the warning disappeared after
25 upgrading gnupg, but perhaps that was just a coincidence?
28 Marc Joliet
29 --
30 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
31 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup