From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] warning (different signature type) when doing ssh
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:10:36
1 On Monday, 25 June 2018 10:19:07 BST Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018, 03:10:57 CEST schrieb allan gottlieb:
3 > > I have two laptops call them A and B both running gentoo.
4 > > I recently did on each an emerge --sync after a long absence.
5 > >
6 > > The large emerge --update @world's finally finished on each machine. One
7 > > new behavior is that
8 > >
9 > > If I use the console to log into A and then ssh to B, I get
10 > >
11 > > warning: agent returned different signature type ssh-rsa (expected
12 > > rsa-sha2-512)
13 > >
14 > > If I use the console to log into B and then ssh to A,
15 > > I get the same warning.
16 > >
17 > > I see no ill effects.
18 > >
19 > > Need I take any action?
20 > >
21 > > thanks in advance,
22 > > allan
23 >
24 > I saw the same, but it was temporary. I use gpg-agent instead of ssh-agent,
25 > so I assumed it had to do with that, and then the warning disappeared after
26 > upgrading gnupg, but perhaps that was just a coincidence?
27
28 This warning message is generated when you are using gpg-agent as ssh-agent
29 and there is a mismatch on the ciphers between the two - i.e. when gpg-agent
30 can't/won't use the ciphers expected by sshd.
31
32 Do you get the same warning when you exclude the agent from the equation?
33
34 ssh -a -i $HOME/.ssh/Your_SSH_Key user@host
37 Regards,
38 Mick