From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Old IDE drives and the "newer" PATA kernel drivers
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:48:16
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 09/02/2010 12:25 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
3 >> Dale writes:
4 >>
5 >>> I was hoping for something like a man page or something tho. I would
6 >>> like to read up on this a little before jumping in head first. Does it
7 >>> have a little info on screen on what does what at least? I think the
8 >>> edit screen does but not sure about this part.
9 >>
10 >> Grub comes with a lot of documentation. Although the man page is very
11 >> small, it says that the full documentation comes as Texinfo manual, so
12 >> 'info grub' gives you the full manual. Or read it online here:
13 >>
14 >> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/legacy/
15 >
16 > If you're on KDE you can also read info documents with a much nicer,
17 > hyperlinked interface. Either enter "info:grub" in krunner (Alt+F2,
18 > fastest way) or as a URL in Konqueror. Works with man pages too, btw
19 > ("man:" instead of "info:").
23 I knew about man:* in Konqueror but I didn't know about the info:*
24 feature. Now that is cool.
25
26 Thanks much to both of you. I got some reading to do.
27
28 Dale
29