From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old IDE drives and the "newer" PATA kernel drivers
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:38:54
1 On 09/02/2010 12:25 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
3 >
4 >> I was hoping for something like a man page or something tho. I would
5 >> like to read up on this a little before jumping in head first. Does it
6 >> have a little info on screen on what does what at least? I think the
7 >> edit screen does but not sure about this part.
8 >
9 > Grub comes with a lot of documentation. Although the man page is very
10 > small, it says that the full documentation comes as Texinfo manual, so
11 > 'info grub' gives you the full manual. Or read it online here:
12 >
13 > http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/legacy/
14
15 If you're on KDE you can also read info documents with a much nicer,
16 hyperlinked interface. Either enter "info:grub" in krunner (Alt+F2,
17 fastest way) or as a URL in Konqueror. Works with man pages too, btw
18 ("man:" instead of "info:").