From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting up wireless on gentoo using wireless-tools
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:38:46
1 On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:06:00 +0900, daid kahl wrote:
2
3 > I think wicd is nicer, but NetworkManager will work, and the nm-applet
4 > has not failed me to connect to any wireless networks that were either
5 > open or that I had the passwords for. The disadvantage of NM compared
6 > to wicd is it won't work without X. The advantage is it will take
7 > care of the conf.d/net
8
9 Wicd doesn't need anything in conf.d/net.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Duct tape is the just like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side,
16 and binds the universe together.