From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Layman and Git branch
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 18:48:16
1 On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:52:26 +0200
2 marco@×××××××.it wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > i have a layman git profile to store my stuff.
6 >
7 > Is possible to force layman -S to sync a specific branch ?
8
9 This is speculation (and a bit of looking at Portage code), since I
10 haven't tried this. Ignoring Layman, repos.conf repositories support
11 syncing[1], so does it work to create:
12
13 /etc/portage/repos.conf/myrepo.conf:
14
15 [myrepo]
16 location = /path/to/local/repo
17 sync-type = git
18 sync-uri = git://...
19 auto-sync = yes
20
21 and just emerge --sync? If you didn't have the local repo already
22 then it would clone and use master, but I suspect that you can switch
23 branches afterward, and Portage will simply call "git pull".
24
25 There also seem to be extra options "sync-git-clone-extra-opts" and
26 "sync-git-pull-extra-opts" for git modules, so you might be able to
27 set:
28
29 sync-git-clone-extra-opts = --branch somebranch
30
31 to fix initially checking out master.
32
33 HTH,
34 Bryan
35