From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:18:13
1 On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:37:55 +0000, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > >Does anyone else yearn for the good old days of usenet and the "lurk
4 > >for
5 > >seven days" rule? Or did my laser eye surgery involve an excessive
6 > >amount
7 > >of rose tinting? ;-)
8 >
9 > I actually don't remember that rule. But when simply following the
10 > netiquette guidelines, it was really simple to get quick, friendly and
11 > helpful responses.
12
13 It was part of netiquette, at least in the areas of usenet that I
14 inhabited, that you lurked for seven days after joining a group and only
15 posted once you were aware of the conventions and people involved.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Multitasking: Reading in the bathroom.