From: Mike Markowski <mm@××××.Edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT im more just curious
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:12:17
1 Tony Stohne wrote:
2 > hehe, there are some experienced guys (& gals?) on the list.
3 > I'm 44...
4
5 I'm also 44, have been using Unix since 1981 and still have my hardback
6 book on the PDP 11/70 and my K&R C book from then. I remember being
7 told not to run 'vi' when too many people were on because it would slow
8 the machine down. :-) (Bad info it seems, but funny now.) My first pc
9 unix was in 1991 and I forget if it was BSDFree or FreeBSD. X11 dist
10 was X386. I'm pretty sure the OS was version 0.1. I remember loading
11 floppy after floppy after floppy to get the os on, then it took a long
12 time for X to start up with the disk grinding away. I also remember
13 earlier days as a teen never being able to convince my parents to spring
14 for the $500 TRS-80 or Heathkit... :-)
15
16 Mike
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list