From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing nvidia settings dynamically
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:30:49
1 On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 12:52 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:55:33 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 >
4 > > Whenever I dock / undock I have to run nvidia-settings to change the
5 > > resolution from the virtual 3840x1200 to 1920x1200 or vice versa. Also
6 > > since two screens is the "Default" I have to do this when I log in with
7 > > only the laptop.
8 > >
9 > > I am looking for a way to use the command line nvidia-settings (as much
10 > > as I've studied the help I can't find out how to do it - all attributes
11 > > seem read-only to the command line nvidia-settings)
12 >
13 > Can you do this with the --config and --load-settings options?
14
15 OK, I finally got around to trying this, but no it doesn't work. When
16 trying to switch from laptop-only to laptop and LCD I just get:
17
18 ERROR: Invalid display device DFP-2 specified on line 40 of configuration file
19 '.nvidia-settings-rc-twin' (the currently enabled display devices are
20 DFP-0 on orpheus:0.0).
21
22 ERROR: Invalid display device DFP-2 specified on line 42 of configuration file
23 '.nvidia-settings-rc-twin' (the currently enabled display devices are
24 DFP-0 on orpheus:0.0).
25
26 And this is when using the config file I saved with two screens working.
27 I have to run nvidia-settings by hand and select "detect displays"
28 before DFP-2 appears.
29
30 ideas? thanks,
34 Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember
35 and be sad.
36 -- Christina Rossetti