From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing specific layman packages & eix-test-obsolete
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:28:45
1 > > If my package.mask is empty, eix-test-obsolete runs fine. If I have
2 > > this in package.mask:
3 > >
4 > > */*::init6
5 > >
6 > > eix-test-obsolete find over 27,000 packages under this heading:
7 > >
8 > > Redundant in /etc/portage/package.mask:
9 > > ... considered as REDUNDANT_IF_MASK_NO_CHANGE
10 > >
11 > > Adding the following to package.nowarn doesn't seem to change anything:
12 > >
13 > > */*::init6 mask_no_change
14 > >
15 > > The first of the 27,000 packages is app-accessibility/SphinxTrain which
16 > > is in the portage tree and not in an overlay.
19 > Try a hammer:
20 >
21 > */*::init6 in_keywords no_change double mixed weaker double_line
22 > in_mask mask_no_change double_masked in_unmask unmask_no_change
23 > double_unmasked in_use double_use in_env double_env in_license
24 > double_license in_cflags double_cflags nonexistent masked
25 > other_overlay
26 >
27 > With nothing in package.nowarn, I get 700-some REDUNDANT_IF_NO_CHANGE
28 > warnings. If I add just,
29 >
30 > */*::gentoo-haskell no_change
31 >
32 > I get output that looks almost exactly like the REDUNDANT_IF_NO_CHANGE
33 > warnings, but if I look closely, it's for in-keywords-but-not-installed.
34 > In other words, that single nowarn entry may be working, but you might
35 > be getting some other warning now.
36 >
37 > If adding them all to package.nowarn makes the warnings go away, then
38 > you just have to figure out which subset you need.
39
40 I double-checked and if I have */*::init6 in package.mask, I get 27,000+
41 REDUNDANT_IF_MASK_NO_CHANGE warnings from eix-test-obsolete, with and
42 without the following in package.nowarn:
43
44 */*::init6 in_keywords no_change double mixed weaker double_line in_mask
45 mask_no_change double_masked in_unmask unmask_no_change double_unmasked
46 in_use double_use in_env double_env in_license double_license in_cflags
47 double_cflags nonexistent masked other_overlay
48
49 No other overlays installed.
50
51 - Grant