From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 22:30:56
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >>> 1) initramfs. It's not that hard
5 >>> 2) early mount script. It's not that hard.
6 >>> 3) modify your udev ebuild to install to /. It's not that hard.
7 >>
8 >> If you'd read the thread (and/or related ones), you'd know he tried to go
9 >> the initrd route, and spent a solid week on the project. You're not talking
10 >> to someone who hasn't tried to tread the path.
11 >>
12 > <hehe!>
13 >
14 > And while I have a initramfs external to 3.2.1 a kernel working on a
15 > RAID6 / system, my first attempt at building the initramfs into
16 > gentoo-sources-3.6.11 as per Neil's pointers resulted in the RAID6
17 > kicking one drive and not booting, so there is pain out there to be
18 > had. ;-) I'll post more in my thread about how I fix it and move
19 > forward later.
20 >
21 > Again, I don't really care about the pain - in a sick sense I sort of
22 > like it (more if it wore high heels...) - but I'm gonna learn this
23 > initramfs stuff and make it work because I suspect it's at least a
24 > good thing to know.
25 >
26 > It ain't only you Dale. I have (!)fun(!) with this stuff too... ;-)
27 >
28 > Cheers,
29 > Mark
33 Well, I have enough pain already. I don't need my computer adding to
34 it. Using something that I shouldn't need and certainly don't want to
35 use is not my first or second option.
36
37 If I liked pain like that, I'd go break a leg or something. :/
38
39 Just saying.
40
41 Dale
42
46 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!