From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 19:04:46
1 On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >>
4 >> 1) initramfs. It's not that hard
5 >> 2) early mount script. It's not that hard.
6 >> 3) modify your udev ebuild to install to /. It's not that hard.
9 > If you'd read the thread (and/or related ones), you'd know he tried to go
10 > the initrd route, and spent a solid week on the project. You're not talking
11 > to someone who hasn't tried to tread the path.
14 <hehe!>
15
16 And while I have a initramfs external to 3.2.1 a kernel working on a
17 RAID6 / system, my first attempt at building the initramfs into
18 gentoo-sources-3.6.11 as per Neil's pointers resulted in the RAID6
19 kicking one drive and not booting, so there is pain out there to be
20 had. ;-) I'll post more in my thread about how I fix it and move
21 forward later.
22
23 Again, I don't really care about the pain - in a sick sense I sort of
24 like it (more if it wore high heels...) - but I'm gonna learn this
25 initramfs stuff and make it work because I suspect it's at least a
26 good thing to know.
27
28 It ain't only you Dale. I have (!)fun(!) with this stuff too... ;-)
29
30 Cheers,
31 Mark