From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 18:43:02
1 On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > So I guess Linus is confused to?
5 >
6 > In your head, and only in your head, you're agreeing with Linus. Linus
7 > was talking about a different bug entirely from the one you're talking
8 > about.
9 >
10 > The bug you're talking about: you go on and on about people saying
11 > that your personal system is broken when it's been working for years.
12 > Again, NOBODY said that. What was said, what you are not able to
13 > refute, is that yes, the case for the / and /usr split IS broken, and
14 > something needs to be done about that moving forward.
15 >
16 > > Name calling, lost argument. No more facts.
17 > I've repeatedly proposed technical solutions to your issues with the
18 > fact that udev is doing something about that and you continue to whine
19 > all night about the bogey-men breaking into your boxes. In fact,
20 > between just you and me, I believe I'm the only one who backed up
21 > anything he said with anything even remotely approaching technical
22 > merit.
23 >
24 > 1) initramfs. It's not that hard
25 > 2) early mount script. It's not that hard.
26 > 3) modify your udev ebuild to install to /. It's not that hard.
29 If you'd read the thread (and/or related ones), you'd know he tried to go
30 the initrd route, and spent a solid week on the project. You're not talking
31 to someone who hasn't tried to tread the path.
35 :wq