From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Acer Aspire One D255
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:45:10
1 On Thursday 06 Jun 2013 12:52:54 Silvio Siefke wrote:
2
3 > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
4 > Bringing up interface eth0
5 > ERROR: interface eth0 does not exist
6 > Ensure that you have loaded the correct kernel module for your hardware
7 > ERROR: net.eth0 failed to start
8
9 As has already been mentioned, udev may have used a different naming scheme
10 for your card, so eth0 may not work.
13 > Controller (rev 02) 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR8152
14 > v1.1 Fast Ethernet (rev c1)
15
16 I think you need module atl1c for this NIC - but you'll need to google for
17 more info.
20 > 02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1000
21 [Condor Peak]
22
23 I think you need module iwlwifi for this card and the correct firmware:
24
25 http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi
26
27 HTH.