From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:15:18
1 On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 20:45:26 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 19:37:27 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > An equally good question is "does this person right now asking me a
7 > > question have what it takes to dive into Gentoo blindly, and swim?"
8 >
9 > The other question is "do I have time to keep diving in to rescue this
10 > person when they get out of their depth". When you recommend Gentoo,
11 > you also volunteer to provide support.
12
13 I was going to mention something like that too. But every time I do, I
14 get flamed badly for being an elitist dick. Must have something to do
15 with the way I express myself :-)
16
17 I reckoned this time I'd try a different tack and attempt to keep the
18 thread on-topic and relevant...
22 Alan McKinnnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com