From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 23:01:09
1 On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 00:11:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > The other question is "do I have time to keep diving in to rescue this
4 > > person when they get out of their depth". When you recommend Gentoo,
5 > > you also volunteer to provide support.
6 >
7 > I was going to mention something like that too. But every time I do, I
8 > get flamed badly for being an elitist dick. Must have something to do
9 > with the way I express myself :-)
10
11 No comment :P
12
13 > I reckoned this time I'd try a different tack and attempt to keep the
14 > thread on-topic and relevant...
15
16 Well, it is relevant, although it is not specific to Gentoo. It's the
17 same when you recommend that a Windows using friend tries Linux (any
18 flavour) - be prepared for plenty of phone calls.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 What's the greatest world-wide use of cowhide? To hold cows together.