From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI data corruption? [FIXED]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:43:39
2 > I got the impression that I would be able to UEFI boot from multiple
3 > different devices, eg a USB drive with UEFI as well as the hard disk.
6 FYI, after rebooting with the USB drive in;
7
8 # efibootmgr
10 Timeout: 1 seconds
11 BootOrder: 0000,0004,0001,0003,0002
12 Boot0000* Gentoo <- this is the UEFI booted OS
13 Boot0001* Hard Drive <- this the same drive as Boot0000, but IIRC fails to
14 boot
15 Boot0002* Network Card
16 Boot0003* USB HDD <- this is the same device as Boot0004
17 Boot0004* UEFI: Patriot Memory PMAP, Partition 1