From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:29:50
1 Neil Walker wrote:
2 > Karl Haines wrote:
3 >> Actually, updating the BIOS to the newest version is almost ALWAYS a
4 >> good thing.
5 >
6 > I keep all the BIOSs im my machines uptodate (8 at the moment,
7 > building another tomorrow). ;)
8 >
9 >> Having XP installed makes no difference, except that you
10 >> can (with some MBs) update from within windows. They ALL, however,
11 >> support a BIOS update from a bootable DOS floppy. Hope this helps!
14 > I haven't owned a floppy drive in years so I have to be a bit more
15 > devious. ;)
16 >
17 > Anyway, thanks for your advice. :)
20 > Be lucky,
21 >
22 > Neil
26 Now that most puters don't have a floppy, how will people update the
27 BIOS?? I don't have windoze at all and my next rig may not have a
28 floppy either.
29
30 Will there be a way to do it from a CD/DVD?
31
32 Curious.
33
34 Dale
35
39 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
40
41 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list