From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:11:04
1 Karl Haines wrote:
2 > Actually, updating the BIOS to the newest version is almost ALWAYS a
3 > good thing.
4
5 I keep all the BIOSs im my machines uptodate (8 at the moment, building
6 another tomorrow). ;)
7
8 > Having XP installed makes no difference, except that you
9 > can (with some MBs) update from within windows. They ALL, however,
10 > support a BIOS update from a bootable DOS floppy. Hope this helps!
13 I haven't owned a floppy drive in years so I have to be a bit more
14 devious. ;)
15
16 Anyway, thanks for your advice. :)
19 Be lucky,