From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Computer turn itself off
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 11:37:19
1 On Sunday 24 May 2015 12:32:40 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 24 May 2015 11:45:50 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 24 May 2015 11:11:34 Mick wrote:
4 > > > What I'm saying is that in today's world of mass marketing and el-cheapo
5 > > > manufacturing, where shaving a penny is a strategy applied not only on
6 > > > the workers' wages but also on the materials and manufacturing process,
7 > > > we are left doing QA ourselves or keeping both pieces of whatever
8 > > > breaks.
9 > >
10 > > Permit me a little quibble: we're not doing QA but QC (control). Not at
11 > > all
12 > > the same thing. QA is defined in the ISO9000 series of international
13 > > standards.
14 >
15 > You're absolutely right of course: I meant, but didn't express it so, that
16 > we have to compensate for lack of adequate QA and poor QC. However,
17 > thinking about it, I am probably wrong altogether. Said manufacturers may
18 > have both processes in place, but implemented with comparatively low
19 > acceptance thresholds for what we expect. Ahh! The joys of globalisation.
20 > :-(
21
22 Oh, well - thanks for not taking offence!
25 Rgds
26 Peter