From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Computer turn itself off
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 11:33:04
1 On Sunday 24 May 2015 11:45:50 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday 24 May 2015 11:11:34 Mick wrote:
3 > > What I'm saying is that in today's world of mass marketing and el-cheapo
4 > > manufacturing, where shaving a penny is a strategy applied not only on
5 > > the workers' wages but also on the materials and manufacturing process,
6 > > we are left doing QA ourselves or keeping both pieces of whatever
7 > > breaks.
8 >
9 > Permit me a little quibble: we're not doing QA but QC (control). Not at all
10 > the same thing. QA is defined in the ISO9000 series of international
11 > standards.
12
13 You're absolutely right of course: I meant, but didn't express it so, that we
14 have to compensate for lack of adequate QA and poor QC. However, thinking
15 about it, I am probably wrong altogether. Said manufacturers may have both
16 processes in place, but implemented with comparatively low acceptance
17 thresholds for what we expect. Ahh! The joys of globalisation. :-(
20 Regards,
21 Mick