From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild wants to downgrade packages!
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:24:08
1 on Thursday 07/10/2008 Joshua D Doll(joshua.doll@×××××.com) wrote
2 > John covici wrote:
3 > > Hi. I just emerged the firefox 3.0 which required a new version also
4 > > of xulrunner. Now if I run revdep-rebuild, it wants to downgrade both
5 > > of these packages.
6 > >
7 > > A number of packages seem to depend on libnss3.so.11 libsmime3.so.11
8 > > libssl3.so.11 . How can I resolve this conflict?
9 > >
10 > > Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.
13 > I believe you want to run revdep-rebuild with the -X option flag. Also
14 > make sure you're using the xulrunner use flag instead of the firefox use
15 > flag.
18 OK, that helped a lot, it still reports some evolution packages are
19 broke, but it does not rebuild them -- I don't use evolution much
20 anyway, so maybe it will get fixed in the next update.
21
22 Thanks much.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici