From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] faded images with Gwenview : solved
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:27:26
1 On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 00:01:51 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > Tibor Nagy of KDE Bugzilla has replied very promptly :
4 >
5 > My guess this happens due to botched gamma handling.
6 > Washed out images are a prime symptom of that kind of bugs.
7 > Seems like when a PNG gAMA chunk is present,
8 > Gwenview applies the gamma transform in the opposite direction it
9 > should, thus the washed out images. Seems to be Qt bug, already fixed
10 > in 5.15.x :
11 > https://github.com/qt/qtbase/commit/de2c3ccd49cb89e0c6912da3b03705a36ef03946
12 >
13 > As you can see from the link above, some coder forgot to invert a value,
14 > using 'gamma' when it sb '1/gamma'.
15 >
16 > The patch is dated 'June 11', so it make take awhile yet to reach
17 > Gentoo.
18
19 5.15.2 is already in testing, which explains why I was unable to
20 reproduce this in the way it hit you, but there was still one washed out
21 image I saw.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 667 - The FAX number of the beast