From: Travis Osterman <tosterman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Protecting a package in package.keywords?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:51:07
1 > If you wanted to do something like that, and make all 0.9.x versions
2 > "stable" in package.keywords, then you would add this:
3 >
4 > =media-tv/ivtv-0.9*
5 >
6 > But if you just want to stick with 0.9.0, then what you had before is
7 > correct.
8 >
9 > =media-tv/ivtv-0.9.0
10
11 Excellent, I put both "=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.19-r1" and
12 "=media-tv/ivtv-0.9.0" in my package.keywords and now I can emerge
13 world without worry.
14
15 If either of these versions get unmasked by the developers, am I back
16 in the same situation of needing to manually mask them to prevent
17 installation? At least I know this will work for now. Thanks.
18
19 -- Travis
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list