From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 02:15:42
1 Mark Kirkwood wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> Mick wrote:
4 >
5 >>>
6 >>> Hmm, this is what I am getting on a x86 build.
7 >>>
8 >>> # ls -al /dev/ttyS*
9 >>> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 64 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS0
10 >>> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 65 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS1
11 >>> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 66 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS2
12 >>> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 67 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS3
13 >>>
14 >>> BTW, I am a member of the uucp group, but can't remember if I ever
15 >>> added myself to it manually:
16 >>>
17 >>> uucp:x:14:uucp,michael
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>
21 >> There have been a lot of changes lately.
22 >
23 > I'm updating today, so will let you know if my /dev/ttyS* change group
24 > ownership thereafter.
25 >
26 > Cheers
27 >
28 > Mark
31 If you can, check to see if udev was upgraded and there was a notice
32 that there are group changes. I would think udev would be what was
33 changed. I'm curious to see your reply though.
34
35 Thanks
36
37 Dale