From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DPMS not working with fbdev driver on Xorg
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 20:28:22
1 On 04/17/2016 12:44 PM, Sebastián Pedersen wrote:
2 >> Have you have a look in your dmesg and your Xorg.0.log to see what they
3 >> report? Is the firmware for the card specified correctly and does it
4 >> load?
5 >
6 > I think that's the problem, I have a sis 771/671 video integrated card:
7 >
8 > [sebas@parabolaSebas64 ~]$ lspci | grep -i vga
9 > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
10 > 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
11 >
12 > and none of the video drivers seems to work, except vesa and fbdev
13 > (althought I'm still intrigated why DPMS works with vesa driver and not
14 > with fbdev driver)
15 >
16 > Thanks.
17 > Sebas
20 Have you tried the xorg SIS driver? It lists the 671 as a supported
21 model @ http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/man/man4/sis.4.html
22
23 This is not a kernel driver, it's an xorg driver.
24
25 Have you tried the steps here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SiS ?
26
27 Those SIS cards are not exactly fast but using the proper Xorg driver
28 with the proper parameters as per the Arch wiki may help it work.
29
30 Dan