From: "Sebastián Pedersen" <sebasped@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DPMS not working with fbdev driver on Xorg
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:44:56
1 > Have you have a look in your dmesg and your Xorg.0.log to see what they
2 > report? Is the firmware for the card specified correctly and does it
3 > load?
4
5 I think that's the problem, I have a sis 771/671 video integrated card:
6
7 [sebas@parabolaSebas64 ~]$ lspci | grep -i vga
8 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
9 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
10
11 and none of the video drivers seems to work, except vesa and fbdev
12 (althought I'm still intrigated why DPMS works with vesa driver and not
13 with fbdev driver)
14
15 Thanks.
16 Sebas