From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How packages are made stable
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:29:45
1 On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:04:26 +0300 Andrey Gerasimenko <gak@××××××.ru> wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the threads. My impression is that the way stabilization
4 > works should be described in a place of high visibility, at least in
5 > the FAQ. I beleive this question will be asked again and again if
6 > new users do not see how "stable" is defined early. If they see the
7 > definition, no questions will be asked. For example, I do not think
8 > that developers waiting for bug reports to stabilize an ebuild is
9 > either wrong or correct. It is just a part of the current
10 > definition of the term "stable".
11
12 It is described in gentoo docs:
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=3&chap=1#doc_chap4
15
16 See part "Moving package versions from ~ARCH to ARCH". I agree that
17 this is perhaps not "a place with high visibility". Maybe it should be
18 included into FAQs.
19
20 Robert
24 Robert Cernansky