From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: SSH won't restart
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:13:12
1 · Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > On Sunday 16 September 2007 16:40:45 Alexander Skwar wrote:
4 >
5 >> > openssh, in some circumstances (I believe to be openssl changing ABI),
6 >> > will not restart as you found. It will only not restart when it's being
7 >> > actively used, so you can't do so will logged in.
10 >> > I've just done this on a remote system and can now happily log back in,
11 >> > and restart ssh without issue.
14 >> Hm?
15 >>
16 >> I don't find this to be true. I often restart sshd by doing exactly
17 >> /etc/init.d/sshd restart. While I'm remote logged in via SSH. I find,
18 >> that after having done this, new settings/versions are active.
19 >
20 > Key words "in some circumstances".
21
22 Like?
23
24 Actually, I never found this to be true.
25
26 Alexander Skwar
27 --
28 I hate trolls. Maybe I could metamorph it into something else -- like a
29 ravenous, two-headed, fire-breathing dragon.
30 -- Willow
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list