From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SSH won't restart
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:43:22
1 On Sunday 16 September 2007 16:40:45 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > > openssh, in some circumstances (I believe to be openssl changing ABI),
4 > > will not restart as you found. It will only not restart when it's being
5 > > actively used, so you can't do so will logged in.
8 > > I've just done this on a remote system and can now happily log back in,
9 > > and restart ssh without issue.
12 > Hm?
13 >
14 > I don't find this to be true. I often restart sshd by doing exactly
15 > /etc/init.d/sshd restart. While I'm remote logged in via SSH. I find,
16 > that after having done this, new settings/versions are active.
17
18 Key words "in some circumstances".
21 Mike Williams
22 --