From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SSH won't restart
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:52:52
1 · Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > However, I think I just found a solution.
4 > openssh, in some circumstances (I believe to be openssl changing ABI), will
5 > not restart as you found. It will only not restart when it's being actively
6 > used, so you can't do so will logged in.
7 > To restart it when your logged out on a remote server is simply a matter of
8 > doing this:
9 >
10 > # (sleep 15 && /etc/init.d/sshd restart) &
11
12 Hm?
13
14 I don't find this to be true. I often restart sshd by doing exactly
15 /etc/init.d/sshd restart. While I'm remote logged in via SSH. I find,
16 that after having done this, new settings/versions are active.
17
18 Alexander Skwar
19 --
20 Seeing is believing. You wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't believed it.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list