From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage-2.2 + collision protect
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:07:37
1 On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Markos Chandras
2 <markos.chandras@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I ve upgraded to portage-2.2 . From that time i am having a problem. When
6 > portage finds a collision between two files during the merge time , it complains
7 > and doesnt merge the new package. The weird thing is that i do not have
8 > collision-protect under FEATURES on /etc/make.conf file
9 >
10 > Any idea how to deal with that?
11
12 Check to see which other package owns the collided file. If none, it's
13 probably safe to delete it & emerge the new package (which will
14 replace that file anyway). That's what I do.
15
16 Paul