From: Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage-2.2 + collision protect
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:20:15
1 On Saturday 15 November 2008 01:07:33 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Markos Chandras
3 >
4 > <markos.chandras@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Hello,
6 > >
7 > > I ve upgraded to portage-2.2 . From that time i am having a problem.
8 When
9 > > portage finds a collision between two files during the merge time , it
10 > > complains and doesnt merge the new package. The weird thing is that i
11 do
12 > > not have collision-protect under FEATURES on /etc/make.conf file
13 > >
14 > > Any idea how to deal with that?
15 >
16 > Check to see which other package owns the collided file. If none, it's
17 > probably safe to delete it & emerge the new package (which will
18 > replace that file anyway). That's what I do.
19 >
20 > Paul
21 This usually happens when I am trying to install slotted packages like
22 amarok-1.94
23
24 I am using amarok-1.4.10 and I am trying to install amarok-1.94. They are on
25 different slots but portage keeps complaining about collisions. Since I do not
26 have collision-protect on FEATURES, portage MUST merge the package even if
27 it warns me...
28 --
29 Markos Chandras